Department of Aviation
Syracuse Hancock International Airport is managed by the City of Syracuse Department of Aviation. The department’s offices are located at the airport at 1000 Colonel Eileen Collins Boulevard, Syracuse, NY 13212. Phone: (315) 454-3263.
A Message from the Commissioner
As the major transportation center in central New York, Syracuse Hancock International Airport provides direct service to 15 major markets, serving 2 million passengers annually. We are the first and last impression for many visitors to the region, and work hard every day to serve the traveling public with air travel that is safe, secure, convenient, and affordable.
We are focusing intently on air service development. We recognize that the communities we serve need convenient, low-cost, direct air service to key markets and destinations. Over the course of the next year, we will continue to pursue new air service opportunities of all types: new markets, more frequency, additional capacity, and better aircraft. We will continue to knock on doors and promote our region as one of the largest markets in upstate New York.
The passenger terminal security and access improvement project is the largest transformation Hancock has undergone since 1962. This $60 million project, funded entirely by Passenger Facility Charges, will eliminate long lines at the security checkpoints during peak travel times and holidays, while maintaining our high level of passenger safety and security.
The staff at the Department of Aviation work around-the-clock to provide a clean and comfortable terminal building and a safe and secure airfield. We would like to thank the millions of passengers who pass through our gates every year. We are here to serve the travel needs of Central New York and beyond, and look forward to bringing you new and expanded services in the future.
World class airport, international gateway, major transportation and distribution center, economic development hub, community activity center, intermodal connections, public/private partnerships, joint use facilities. (We want to be the best airport in New York State and satisfy various customer needs and requirements.)
We shall operate, maintain, plan and develop airport facilities, equipment and services which support the safe and efficient air and ground movement of people and goods, and meet the requirements of users. (We run the airport.)
- To comply with federal, state, and local regulations, with special emphasis on safety, environmental protections, public service, community involvement and equity. (To be fair and follow the rules of the game.)
- To empower every member of the team to provide value to processes, products and services. (To equip ourselves to do the job, both in people and equipment.)
- To embrace and nurture the quality culture in order to achieve continuous improvement. (To consistently improve ourselves and the way we do business.)
- To maximize the level of proficiency, performance and productivity of the organization. (To learn to do more with less by working smarter.)
- To identify opportunities to augment fiscal options to progress capital, operating and maintenance projects through public-private investment partnerships. (To negotiate deals so that we can do what we need to do and be all that we want to be.)
- To develop and maintain a world class airport that will serve as a gateway to Central New York and a hub of activity for the community. (To make a positive impression on everyone who passes through.)
Tarmac Delay Plan
Download a copy of the airport’s Tarmac Delay Plan.
Aeronautical Activities Minimum Standards
The airport maintains minimum standards for aeronautical activities. Download the airport’s Aeronautical Activities Minimum Standards.