Find Flights and Fares
Planning your next vacation? Then it’s time to start pricing out your tickets!
With the resources available on the internet, many people decide to make their own travel arrangements, including booking air flights. If you are among them, we’ve compiled some tips that may be useful as you search for the least expensive way to reach your final destination.
- Use airline-specific websites to double check schedules and for those airlines (ex. Allegiant) that do not book through other websites.
- Be sure to compare total cost (gas, parking, drive time – time is money!) not just the price of a seat.
- The best days to buy tend to be Tuesday or Wednesday 6-8 weeks prior to your trip.
- Be flexible on your travel dates, Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Saturdays tend to be the cheapest days to fly.
- Watch for special sales. If you are very flexible, you may be able to get a great deal when an airline runs a special promotion. You can sign up to receive e-mail notices of these special deals with airlines.
- Consider alternative airports within driving distance of your final destination. For example, if you are going to Miami, consider flying Allegiant to Fort Lauderdale. Not only may the plane fare be less expensive, but it may be cheaper to rent a car at an alternative airport.
We know that booking airfare can be complicated and confusing. While we are not travel agents and cannot book your trip for you, we do have many years of experience traveling by air and may be able to provide some self-help guidance or direct you to one of the airlines located here at SYR for booking needs. If you’d like to talk briefly to one of our staff members, please give us a call at 315-454-3263.