Holiday Travel Tips
Syracuse, New York—Airports around the country, including Syracuse International Airport are anticipating an increase of passenger traffic during the upcoming holiday season. Airlines for America, the industry’s trade organization for the leading U.S. airlines, projects traffic over the holiday period will rise 2.5 percent from last year’s level to 27.3 million passengers.
In preparation, officials at Syracuse International Airport would like to encourage travelers to follow some simple tips in order to help improve their travel experience.
- Pack smart by knowing what to pack before you depart for the airport. Visit https://www.tsa.gov/
- Check with your airline before arriving at the airport
- Passengers are encouraged to arrive at least 90 minutes prior to their departure time
- Boarding passes may be obtained by checking in at the airline ticket counter, by printing them off at home or utilizing airline smartphone apps
- Have your ID and boarding pass ready when you enter the security checkpoint
- If you aren’t enrolled in TSA Pre✓® you may still have time. Passengers who are eligible for TSA Pre✓® may receive expedited screening benefits at the Security Checkpoint. The airport has an enrollment center in the terminal and will validate your parking while you are at the appointment.
We’d also like to remind those picking up passengers, that the cell phone lot is available for use while you wait for your loved one. Please remain with your vehicle at all times while in the cell phone lot.
In an effort to enhance our passengers travel experience during this busy time of year, we will have weekly live musical performances in the terminal.
Have a safe and happy holiday season!