SYR Holiday Reminders
Syracuse Hancock International Airport would like to remind passengers flying out of the airport over the next couple weeks that there will be increased volume due to the upcoming holidays.
In preparation, officials at Syracuse International Airport would like to encourage travelers to follow some simple tips in order to help improve their travel experience.
- Know what to pack before you depart for the airport. Visit www.tsa.gov
- Check with your airline before arriving at the airport
- Passengers are encouraged to arrive at least two (2) hours prior to their departure time
- Boarding passes may be obtained by checking in at the airline ticket counter, by printing them off at home or utilizing airline smartphone apps
- Have your ID and boarding pass ready before you enter the line at the security checkpoint
In addition to the increased volume, the airport is currently undergoing a major construction project that has impacted the traffic pattern and entry points to the terminal. Please visit our website at www.flysyracuse.com for additional information and a map outlining the changes.
The Chittenango Chamber Orchestra will be performing Holiday music in the center lobby on December 21, 2017 and we’ll also have our airport therapy dogs roaming the terminal daily.
If you are picking someone up at the airport, please wait in the free cell phone lot located close to the terminal building until their flight arrives.
We wish our passengers a safe and happy holiday season!